Sunday, January 12, 2014

I had the most beautiful experience yesterday. A dear friend asked us to his daughter Amanda's engagement party. Jim and I were in 2 minds whether to go or not as the weather here is very hot and the party was to be away from the coast in the western suburbs area of Newcastle. To cut a long story short we decided to go. We have known the friends for over 30 years and Amanda since she was born. 
As expected the weather was nearing the 40 degree Celsius and we were having a lovely time talking with Amanda's grandparents and catching up when an overdressed gentleman arrived carrying a table, tablecloth and avery large book.
Yes it was a surprise wedding!!! The bride and groom had given their parents 7 weeks to help organize everything. Even the grandparents did not know. I wish I had taken my camera with me so I could show you all how beautiful the bride was. They were married in the garden of their new home and I think this is one of the most romantic weddings I have ever been to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment