Monday, January 13, 2014

Crazy Quilting Journal Project - Block 1

I have finished my first block in my Journal Project. This has been a tough one. Half way through I decided I hated the fabrics, hated the stitching and all in all hated the project.
But I decided to persevere. I had given myself criteria that was outside my comfort zone. No buttons, beads or charms. I intend to use this as a throw in my lounge room and the item needs to be able to be laundered.
I am a big bling person so that was very difficult and I am sure is not going to get any easier over the coming months.
I am still not happy with my fabric selection but hopefully it will grow on me. For the stitching I am using the TAST list of stitches and hope to incorporate everyone of them eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment