Friday, November 5, 2010

Water Bottle



I did this water bottle carries at a U3A class. The bag is linen lined with some antique cotton fabric I have and the embroidery is fine wool.
Some if the wool is hand spun and dyed I purchased in Yass New South Wales years ago. For those who do not know Yass is in western highlands of New South Wales about 3 hours drive from Sydney and 40 minutes drive from Canberra our capital city. It is the wool raising center of Australia.
The gumnuts I used as beads on the ties I collected in Tasmania. They are from the Blue Gum the floral emblem of Tasmania. And of course I had to use Dorset buttons my new obsession.
Here is a closeup of the stitching.

The Dorset button holds the little outside pocket for odds and ends, like money and ID, closed. I plan to use this when I go walking.

1 comment: